The Tubbs Wilderness Snowshoes are certainly not a bad looking item, but the real envy will come from their level of performance and comfort. The Viper Heel Crampon and Cobra Toe Crampon provide the ultimate breaking and grip, making sure you never even think about slipping no matter how dicey the situation gets. While the shoes may not be going anywhere on the ice, when it is time to get out the 180 Binding will make sure there are no hiccups. Altogether the Wilderness is one of the best items in the already impressive Tubbs lineup.
- RII Revolution Response: Energy efficient and effective, RII delivers shock absorbing lateral flex and quick side slope responsiveness to maintain a natural foot position in all conditions. Full step rotation allows the tail of the snowshoe to drop, shedding snow and allowing the toe crampon to bite deeply.
- Python Heel Crampon: The aggressive Python heel crampon, centered under the boot, delivers enhanced downhill braking traction.
- Fit-Step Frame: The innovative and biomechanical aluminum Fit-Step frame, designed with a slightly upturned, rounded tail, reduces muscular skeletal impact on hip, knee and ankle joints by 10%.
- 180 Binding: The easy to use 180 binding combines 'step in' convenience with the 3D fit that Tubbs' patented Control Wings provide. Gender specific, asymmetric bindings align the boot directionally as the contoured, padded upper provides pressure free support, a secure fit and added warmth.
- Cobra Crampon: The carbon steel Cobra toe crampon, located under the ball of the foot provides constant penetrating contact in variable snow conditions. Jagged tooth construction improves grip on packed snow and ice. SoftTec Decking: Tubbs SoftTec decking provides durable, lightweight flotation.
- Viper Heel Crampon: The Viper heel crampon with variable tooth height provides weighted traction, giving added stability and downhill braking.
|User Weight With Gear||Size|
|120 - 200 lbs.||25"|
|170 - 250 lbs.||30"|
|220 - 300 lbs.||36"|