For new snowshoers and those looking for more comfort on their snowshoe excursions, the FLEX TRK offers the perfect opportunity for value-conscious buyers to have all the technical advancements found in the FLEX Series at an affordable price. With FLEX Tail, 3D-curved Traction Rails, gender-specific Compact Design and the QuickFLEX binding, the FLEX TRK has it all. Tubbs understands that better biomechanics and ergonomics are just as important to the beginning snowshoer, which is why we created the FLEX TRK.
In packed or variable snow conditions the FLEX snowshoes are appropriate for all weights. In powder snow conditions the mens' models are best up to 190 lbs.
Key Features of the Tubbs Flex Trk Snowshoes:
- FLEX Tail: The ergonomically and biomechanically designed FLEX Tail absorbs shock from heel strike, reducing the amount of stress on your joints and allowing you to snowshoe farther, longer and with less stress on your body.
- Torsion Deck: Tubbs' advanced Torsion Deck design adapts to variable snow conditions underfoot. The decks allow torsional articulation throughout the body of the snowshoe, enhancing traction, biomechanics and comfort on uneven terrain.
- Rotating Toe Cord - Rotation Limiter: Rotating Toe Cord design enables the tail of the snowshoe to drop and snow to shed off the tail, reducing cardio-respiratory strain by 7%. The underfoot pivot point also allows the toe traction teeth to bite deeply into the snow when weighted. A rotation limiter prevents over-rotation and shin bang.
- QuickFLEX Binding: Molded, asymmetric QuickFLEX binding is gender specific with patented Control Wings to center the boot. A dual pull strap system secures fit while a cinch pull strap makes entry and exit easy. Heel strap pulls tight against boot's rand, centering and securing the boot in position.
- Traction Rails: Carbon steel toe crampon, ergonomically placed under foot, maximizes weighted traction and responsiveness while 3D curved Traction Rails ensure superior side-hill grip in hard or icy conditions. Progressive molded Snow Brakes, on the deck as well as the Soft Strike zone, improve weighted traction.