Key Features of the Tubbs Flex Nrg Snowshoes:
The FLEX NRG is the gold standard for ergonomic comfort. The patented Soft Strike zone, which acts like the shock-absorbing midsole in your athletic shoes to absorb shock and reduce "footslap" noise, coupled with the biomechanically-designed FLEX Tail makes the FLEX NRG a dream for your joints. With the set-and-forget 180FLEX binding, and the FLEX Series 3D-curved Traction rails, the FLEX NRG is designed to keep you secure for your all-day treks.
In packed or variable snow conditions the FLEX snowshoes are appropriate for all weights. In powder snow conditions the mens' models are best up to 190 lbs.
- FLEX Tail: The ergonomically and biomechanically designed FLEX Tail absorbs shock from heel strike, reducing the amount of stress on your joints and allowing you to snowshoe farther, longer and with less stress on your body.
- Torsion Deck: Tubbs' advanced Torsion Deck design adapts to variable snow conditions underfoot. The decks allow torsional articulation throughout the body of the snowshoe, enhancing traction, biomechanics and comfort on uneven terrain.
- Rotating Toe Cord - Rotation Limiter: Rotating Toe Cord design enables the tail of the snowshoe to drop and snow to shed off the tail, reducing cardio-respiratory strain by 7%. The underfoot pivot point also allows the toe traction teeth to bite deeply into the snow when weighted. A rotation limiter prevents over-rotation and shin bang.
- 180FLEX Binding: Based on the popular 180 binding but even lighter weight, the 180FLEX binding combines step-in convenience with Control Wing technology for secure, pressure free support. Gender specific, asymmetric bindings fit a wide range of men's and women's boot sizes.
- Traction Rails: Carbon steel toe crampon, ergonomically placed under foot, maximizes weighted traction and responsiveness while 3D curved Traction Rails ensure superior side-hill grip in hard or icy conditions. Progressive molded Snow Brakes, on the deck as well as the Soft Strike zone, improve weighted traction.
- Soft Strike: The Soft Strike zone on the FLEX NRG works with the FLEX Tail to absorb shock and reduce stress on joints and muscles. The advanced ergonomic design not only improves comfort, but also aids in weighted traction under the heel, as the larger Snow Brake traction element is fixed to the Soft Strike zone. Finally, Soft Strike makes for a quieter overall experience while snowshoeing.