The Loaded Dervish Sama Flex 2 Longboard has features to encompass every type of longboard riding your little heart desires. With a deeper concave and wider deck frame, you''re able to dance, slide, carve, and freestyle all at the same time. Well you might need four feet for that, but you catch my drift. With really subtle nose and tail kicks, you''ll be able to still get some ollies and other freestyle tricks, while the drop through mount makes it easy to slide and shove it around.
Key Features of the Loaded Dervish Sama Flex 2 Longboard Complete:
- Length: 42.8" / 109 cm
- Width: 9" / 22.9 cm
- Wheelbase: 31.5" / 80 cm
- Weight: deck only: 3.0 - 3.6 lbs / 1.4 - 1.6 kg
- complete: 7.0 - 7.6 lbs / 3.2 - 3.4 kg
- Using sophisticated (for us) design software and curvature calculations, we extensively tested various different widths and subtle changes to the deck shape. We then collectively decided that this new 9" wide shape (the old Dervish was 8.5" with a different neck curvature) provided a satisfactory balance of comfort, edge control, and responsiveness.
- The Dervish Sama also received a more pronounced concave profile, which is further augmented by the increased deck width. The result is improved edge feel for turn initiation and extra control while sliding.
- To keep up with the current caliber of freestyle riding, we gave the Dervish the most tasteful of nosejobs. After testing several new shapes and sizes, we lengthened the tips for additional leverage, widened the neck to increase durability and ensure a consistent flex pattern through the entire deck, and added subtle kicks to increase pop and to lock your feet in. The kicks are reinforced with an extra layer of fiberglass for added stiffness and durability.
- A six-piece symmetrical griptape pattern was designed with performance and elegance in mind. The two sections at the kicks use an aggressive, rougher-grit grip to provide enhanced control and security for manuals and freestyle tricks. The four middle sections use a milder, finer-grit grip (comparable to street skate grip) to facilitate dancing and footwork maneuvers. The segmented design yields functional coverage without interfering with the boards flex pattern.
- The Dervish Sama''s versatility lends it to many disciplines, but at its heart lies a deeply rooted passion for carving. The cambered platform and weight-tailored flex pattern work together synergistically to provide a lively, flowing ride. Press your weight into a turn to preload the deck''s curvature; unweight as you finish the carve and feel the board snap back with positive energy return.