Drop it like its hot on the Loaded Bhangra Flex 2 Longboard. Designed specifically for all you concrete smashin'', toe tappin'', hip thrashin'' peeps out there, the Loaded Bhangra is seriously top of the line when it comes to freestyle dance longboarding. Nose and tail kicks allow you to get creative, while hopping on and off the Bhangra''s rocker, mellow concave, and 9.5" wide deck should come naturally. So turn that flat boring parking lot to a dance party with the Loaded Bhangra Flex 2 Longboard!
Key Features of the Loaded Bhangra Flex 2 Longboard Complete:
- The rocker (slight "U" bend when viewed from the side) really sinks you into the board and gives you that extra cushy, locked in feel. Feels great for dancing, makes sliding a lot easier and more comfortable, and puts the board lower to the ground, making pushing slightly easier.
- We added a mellow "U" concave to give you more confidence when sliding. The concave also helps lock your feet in when landing big spins and such but is still mellow and comfortable enough for footwork moves.
- More nose and tail curvatures allow for easier catching of the nose and tail. With good timing, you can ollie the Bhangra. Not easy, but it can be done. Both the nose and tail will lock your feet in nicely for manuals, but the different lengths result in distinct feelings of balance and pop. You may find riding the board in a certain direction better for some tricks; for example, the tail is really good for catching shuvits-to-manuals, while the nose feels better for hang ten manuals.
- This is our most thought out grip design to date featuring a functional, shoe saving design and two different types of griptape.
- For the main standing platform, we used a mellower grip with a functional pattern to save your shoes. As you all know, when you do pivot motions on grip tape you slowly wear out the balls of your shoes; you are basically grinding away your soles on sandpaper. We cut out this grip design so that when you do your spinning moves, most of your shoe will move freely on the bamboo, not the grip tape. We also designed it so you still have plenty of grip tape on the rails of the board for confidence when sliding.
- We used a gnarlier, gripper griptape on the nose and tail to help give you that extra locked in feeling when holding out manuals. The extra grip also makes it easier to catch the nose and tail for quick shuvit-to-manual moves.
- We are stoked to say this is our most organic board to date. We have created a durable beast from bamboo, cork and epoxy bio-resin. We used no fiberglass in this board but were able to get the strength and flex characteristics we wanted by using two cores of vert-lam bamboo with cork in the middle for weight reduction and dampening. The top of the board is a cross-ply of bamboo vert-lam to strengthen the board across the width, and we use a similar ply in the center (next to the cork) to stiffen up the flex 1 version. Many of the boards have small holes in the nose and or tail. These are caused by grooves in the bottom core that allow the board to bend into a deeper concave. They will not affect the performance or durability of the board and are a great place to store soup.
- Resin plays a big part in how a board feels. We tried out a variety of resins, each having their own energy return properties and flex characteristics. For a board like this, we really dug a more mellow, damp feeling resin. Something that sinks nicely under your feet and does not have so much energy return that it wants to buck you off. We classify the flex as soft, damp, almost "dead" flex. In contrast, a Dervish has a more lively, springy flex.
- We designed functional wheel wells to accommodate several brands of 180mm trucks and 70mm wheels without risers. They will prevent wheelbite in most circumstances; however, you may encounter bite if you run super loose trucks with soft bushings.
- Length: 48.5" / 123 cm
- Width: 9.5" / 24 cm
- Wheelbase (Inner Hole): 32.75" / 83.19 cm
- Weight: deck only: 5.6 - 6.3 lbs / 2.5 - 2.9 kg
- Complete: 9.4 - 10.1 lbs / 4.3 - 4.58 kg