The Arbor Axis Bamboo Longboard. Part of Arbor's Bamboo series incorporates a top ply of Bamboo on the 7 ply's of sustainable maple. Bamboo is an eco-friendly wood due to its rapid growth, and it happens to make an excellent material to build boards out of because of the strong yet flexible characteristics The Axis Bamboo will give you that extra snap that other wood decks wont. The symmetry of the Axis and drop through truck design helps those wanting to carve hard and slide sideways with its low center of gravity.
- Arbor's new 72mm, 78a durometer Freeride wheels
- ABEC 5 bearings
- Paris 180mm trucks
- BAMBOO DECK PLY: Bamboo is the fastest growing plant know to man. It is widely accepted as today's most renewable, sustainably grown building material. It is also one of the strongest materials on the planet. Bamboo has 40 times the effective life of carbon fiber and provides more return than traditional materials. Bamboo's tensile strength and weight-to-strength ratio are superior to steel; yet bamboo is light, flexible, and resistant to compression. By adding bamboo as a power-generating deck-side ply, we not only give our skateboards that clean Zen flavor, we deliver improved return and lasting durability.
- WOOD: The seven maple plies used in this design come from sustainable sources of supply.
- RECYCLED GLASS RE-GRIP: This design is gripped with long-lasting crushed recycled glass. This ultra clear re-grip surface allows the deck's natural grain and color to remain highly visible, while providing better performance than silica bead alternatives.
- WOOD BY-PRODUCT: All wood by-product created during the production of our skateboards is reclaimed for use in other Arbor products or by outside companies. This allows Arbor to stretch an important resource, while helping to reduce the strain on landfills and forests.
- WATER BASED FINISHES: All Arbor skateboards are produced using a water-based sanding sealers to avoid polluting the air we breathe, especially when skating.
- RECYCLED PLASTIC RISERS: All Arbor completes are shipped with recycled plastic risers, which allows us to reduce our dependence on petroleum-based plastics, while helping the effort to stop the proliferation of plastic pollution.