They say it is for beginners, but if you gave the Sapient Saga BMX to a “beginner” BMX rider, their brain would probably explode. This bike is so light and aerodynamic that someone new to BMX might consider writing their last will and testament while they’re going down a steep embankment. That’s because engineers have packed the Sapient Saga full of fancy light metals and fancy geometry for the best riding experience. But that probably goes over the head of a “beginning” BMXer.
These Sapient BMX bikes come without decals applied. Each bike is shipped with a decal packet, containing a number of decals of different styles and colors. This allows the rider to customize the bike to their liking.
Key Features of the Sapient Saga BMX Bike 20":
- FRAME: 100% CroMo w/20.4" Top Tube
- FORKS: 100% CroMo Forks
- BARS: 100% CroMo 8" Rise Bars
- GRIPS: Shrapnel Gun Grips w/Grip Locks
- STEM: Shrapnel Detonator Alloy Stem w/Cutouts
- HEADSET: 1 1/8" Threadless Headset
- BRAKE LEVER: Shrapnel Fragment Alloy Lever
- BRAKE: Shrapnel Fragment Alloy U-Brakes
- CRANKS: Shrapnel Pipe Bomb 175mm Tubular CroMo 3pc Cranks w/Sealed Bottom Bracket
- SPROCKET: Shrapnel Fragment 25 Tooth Alloy Sprocket
- CHAIN: KMC Half Link HL710
- PEDALS: Shrapnel Fragment Platform Pedals
- FRONT HUB: Shrapnel Cannon 36 Hole Alloy Hub, 14mm axle
- REAR HUB: Shrapnel Cannon 36 Hole Alloy Hub w/9 Tooth Driver, 14mm axle
- RIMS: Shrapnel Flak Jacket Double Wall Alloy Rims
- TIRES: Shrapnel Fragment WD 20" X 2.125" Tires
- SADDLE: Shrapnel Launcher Saddle/Post Combo
- SEAT POST: Shrapnel Launcher Saddle/Post Combo
- CLAMP: Shrapnel Fragment Alloy Clamp
- PEGS: Shrapnel Fragment Steel Pegs - Rear Only (Front pegs not included but available)
- TOP TUBE: 20.4"
- HEAD TUBE ANGLE: 74degrees
- SEAT TUBE: 9.5"
- SEAT TUBE ANGLE: 71degrees
- CHAINSTAY: 14"
- BB HEIGHT: 11.6"
- APPROX WEIGHT: 25 lbs
- WHEELBASE: 36.25"
NOTE: All complete bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a qualified Bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a qualified technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly. As an industry standard, some bikes might have minor cosmetic blemishes due to the nature of shipping.