*Available for US Shipment Only.
Key Features of Odyssey Key Chain Solid Pin Chromoly Bike Chain:
- Oversized pins: Traditional chain pins are 3mm in diameter. The Key Chain’s are 5mm, and they are available with solid pin assembly. These oversized pins are 4-times stronger than traditional pins, and the chances of bending one, whether the pin is hollow or solid, are essentially zero. The 5mm riveted pins provide added strength, but they also provide a bigger contact surface with the chain’s plates, which makes them harder to push out or bend.
- Thicker, lower profile side plates: Each plate has a low profile and an extra narrow waist that makes it harder to catch the plates at unwanted times. At 1.4mm, the plates are substantially thicker than the plates of any other chain, and they’re also more than 50% harder to bend than the thickest existing 1.2mm chain plates too
- Unique master and half links with threaded pins: Users can break and re-join the chain with just a 3mm hex key. The chain’s half link plates are taller at the bends to both increase stiffness and minimize stretch. Since the use of a chain breaker to re-join the chain has been eliminated, the pins can retain their original level of tightness from the factory. Also, carrying a spare master link and 3mm allen key in most cases is enough to repair the Key Chain when riding, so lugging around a chain tool is usually unnecessary
- Lower overall weight: By using material as efficiently as possible Odyssey has strengthened every component of the chain and kept the weight in the same range as our Bluebird chain
- Low stretch: Stretching of the chain is minimized by using a standard alternating plate pattern and limiting the chain to a single, beefed up half link. This configuration maximizes the lifespan of the sprocket and driver
- Links (links): 81
- Number of Speeds: 1
- Weight: 301 g
All Gear by: Odyssey