At Framed Bikes we like to approach cycling from a problem to solution angle. We noticed a lot of women on men’s fat bikes...that’s a problem. So we spent the last year working closely with some local female rippers. We are very proud to introduce the first-ever women’s-specific fat bike. It’s specifically engineered to accommodate the unique features of the female body without sacrificing performance. So what did we do to make it women’s specific? We built the bike in a 15” and 17” frame with a lower stand over. We also shortened the handlebar length (680mm), shortened the crank arm length to 170mm and threw on a comfortable women’s saddle.
The Women’s 2.0 is also compatible with the Framed Fattie Slims™ 29er wheel set. This is a ready to ride 29er hybrid/slick wheel set (w/rotors and cassette mounted). The additional wheel set options (Pat.Pending) allow switching from a "fat setup" to an even lighter, even faster "29 Fattie Slims™ wheel set" with no tools or mechanical skills.
Now let’s talk versatility. Framed Bikes developed the Fattie Slims™ wheel set packages to maximize use of the Minnesota Fat Bike series. The additional wheel set options (Pat.Pending) allow switching from a “fat setup” to an even lighter, even faster “29 Fattie Slims™ wheel set” with no tools or mechanical skills. We''re so excited about the design and versatility of this wheel set package that for a limited time, we''re more or less ($99) giving away a Fattie Slims™ wheel set with every Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0.
Please note, some photos show Schrader valves but all production bikes will have Presta valves.
Key Features of Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike:
- Gears: 2x9
- Frame: 6061 Alloy
- Fork:Framed 6061 Rigid Alloy Fork
- Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt on
- Crankset: Truvativ 38/28T Chain Rings
- Bottom Bracket: 100 mm Sealed
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X5
- Freewheel: SRAM 9 Speed 11-34T
- Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 9 Speed
- Headset: Neco
- Brakes: F&R Avid BB5 w/160 mm Rotors
- Brake Levers: F&R Avid X5
- Shifters: SRAM X5, 2 Speed Front, 9 Speed Rear
- Grips: Lock on Grips
- Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100 mmThreadless, 6 Degree Rise, 4 Bolt
- Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 680 mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
- Saddle: Velo Women''s Plush
- Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400 mm x 30.9 mm
- Pedals: Wellgo
- Front Hub: 135 mm Quando Alloy Hub w/ QR
- Rear Hub: 170 mm Quando Alloy Hub w/ QR
- Rims: 26” Framed Alloy Single Wall Rim, 80 mm wide, 32h, w/ Weight Reducing Cut Outs
- Spokes: 14G Stainless Steel
- Tires: Framed Minnesota 26” x 4” 120 tpi
NOTE: All complete bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a qualified Bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a qualified technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly. As an industry standard, some bikes might have minor cosmetic blemishes due to the nature of shipping.