We're really excited to introduce the Minnesota 2.0, the new top-of-the line model in the Fat Bike series from Framed Bikes. It's a fully-featured Fat Bike that solves two problems that face people wanting to get a Fat Bike… high price and lack of versatility.
The Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike is priced under $900 but it's not short on quality. The frameset is oversized 6160 alloy tubing. The drivetrain is SRAM commanding all 18 gears. Framed went with Avid BB5 brakes for reliable stopping power in all temperatures. It even comes stock with sealed alloy pedals w/removable pins. The rims are Framed Alloy Single Wall and drilled out for an excellent strength to weight ratio. The Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike also comes stock with the Vee Rubber Mission 120TPI Lightweight Folding tires. The geometry on the Minnesota 2.0 has a shorter cockpit than the Minnesota 1.0 giving it a more trail and free ride feel.
Now let's talk versatility. Framed Bikes developed the Fattie Slims wheel set packages to maximize use of the Minnesota Fat Bike series. The additional wheel set options (Pat.Pending) allow switching from a "fat setup" to an even lighter, even faster "29 Fattie Slims wheel set" with no tools or mechanical skills. We're so excited about the design and versatility of this wheel set package that for a limited time, we're more or less ($99) giving away a Fattie Slims wheel set with every Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0.
Key Features of the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike:
- Gears: 2x9
- Frame: 6061 Alloy
- Fork:Framed 6061 Rigid Alloy Fork
- Seat Clamp: Framed Quick Release
- Crankset: Truvativ 38/28T Chain Rings
- Bottom Bracket: 100 mm Sealed
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X5
- Freewheel: SRAM 9 Speed 11-34T
- Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
- Headset: Neco
- Brakes: F&R Avid BB5 w/160 mm Rotors
- Brake Levers: Avid FR-5
- Shifters: SRAM X5 2 Speed Front, 9 Speed Rear
- Grips: Lock on Grips
- Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100 mmThreadless, 6 Degree Rise, 4 Bolt
- Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710 mm with 12 Degree Sweep
- Saddle: Velo Plush
- Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400 mm x 30.9 mm
- Pedals: Framed Alloy Sealed Platform Pedals with Removable Pins
- Front Hub: 135 mm Quando Alloy Hub w/ QR
- Rear Hub: 170 mm Quando Alloy Hub w/ QR
- Rims: 26" Framed Alloy Single Wall Rim, 80 mm wide, 32h, w/ Weight Reducing Cut Outs
- Spokes: 14G Stainless Steel
- Tires: VeeRubber Mission 26"x4" 120 TPI
||5'5" - 5'9"
||5'8" - 6'0"
||5'11" - 6'3"
NOTE: All complete bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a qualified Bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a qualified technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly. As an industry standard, some bikes might have minor cosmetic blemishes due to the nature of shipping.