Key Features of the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike:
At Framed Bikes we like to approach cycling from a problem to solution angle. After riding fat bikes through snow, sand, dirt and even using them for commutes we realized they''re way too fun and way too versatile for their current ''quiver paradigm''. By that we mean spending $2k on a quiver bike. We wanted to solve two problems. First, we wanted to make a nicely spec''d fatty for under $900. We did that! Not only did we do that, we did it while adding extras. The Minnesota 2.0 pays attention to the little things. It comes stock with Alloy Sealed Platform Pedals w/Removable pins and a KMC x9 chain. For 2015, we also upgraded the tires to the Framed Minnesota 4x26” tires with lightweight tubes because when it comes to rolling weight, every ounce counts. We found these tires to have the perfect tread pattern to be a true 365 tire. Check the specs and compare to the competition! Second, we wanted to make a fatty that was as multi-purpose as possible. We did that too with the Framed Fattie Slims™ 29er wheel set. We cut through the BS and hooked up a ready to ride 29er slick wheel set (w/rotors and cassette mounted). The additional wheel set options (Pat.Pending) allow switching from a "fat setup" to an even lighter, even faster "29 Fattie Slims™ wheel set" with no tools or mechanical skills.
The geometry on the Minnesota 2.0 has a shorter cockpit than the Minnesota 1.0 giving it a more trail and free ride feel.
Please note, some photos show Schrader valves but all production bikes will have Presta valves.
- Gears: 2x9
- Frame: 6061 Alloy
- Fork:Framed 6061 Rigid Alloy Fork
- Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt on
- Crankset: Truvativ 38/28T Chain Rings
- Bottom Bracket: 100 mm Sealed
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X5
- Freewheel: SRAM 9 Speed 11-34T
- Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
- Headset: Neco
- Brakes: F&R Avid BB5 w/160 mm Rotors
- Brake Levers: F&R Avid X5
- Shifters: SRAM X7, 2 Speed Front, 9 Speed Rear
- Grips: Lock on Grips
- Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100 mmThreadless, 6 Degree Rise, 4 Bolt
- Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710 mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
- Saddle: WTB Volt
- Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400 mm x 30.9 mm
- Pedals: Wellgo
- Front Hub: 135 mm Quando Alloy Hub w/ QR
- Rear Hub: 170 mm Quando Alloy Hub w/ QR
- Rims: 26" Framed Alloy Single Wall Rim, 80 mm wide, 32h, w/ Weight Reducing Cut Outs
- Spokes: 14G Stainless Steel
- Tires: Framed Minnesota 26" x 4" 120 tpi
NOTE: All complete bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a qualified Bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a qualified technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly. As an industry standard, some bikes might have minor cosmetic blemishes due to the nature of shipping.