We're really excited to introduce the Minnesota 1.0, the new Fat Bike series from Framed Bikes. It's a fully-featured Fat Bike that solves two problems that face people wanting to get a Fat Bike...high price and lack of versatility.
The Minnesota 1.0 Fat Bike is priced under $800 but it's not short on quality. The frameset is oversized 6061 alloy tubing. The drivetrain is SRAM commanding all 9 gears. Framed went with Avid BB5 brakes for reliable stopping power in all temperatures. It even comes stock with alloy pedals. The rims are Weinmann HL-80 Single Wall and drilled out for an excellent strength to weight ratio. The Minnesota 1.0 Fat Bike also comes stock with the Vee Rubber Mission 60TPI Wire Bead tires. The geometry on the Minnesota 1.0 has a longer cockpit than the Minnesota 2.0 giving it a slightly more cross-country feel.
Now let's talk versatility. Framed Bikes developed the Fattie Slims wheel set packages to maximize use of the Minnesota Fat Bike series. The additional wheel set options (Pat.Pending) allow switching from a "fat setup" to an even lighter, even faster "29 Fattie Slims wheel set" with no tools or mechanical skills. We're so excited about the design and versatility of this wheel set package that for a limited time, we're more or less ($99) giving away a Fattie Slims wheel set with every Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0.
- Gears: 9 Speed
- Frame: 6061 Alloy
- Fork: 6061 Alloy
- Seat Clamp: Anodized or Painted Alloy QR
- Crankset: Truvativ 33T Chain Ring
- Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Model X5
- Freewheel: SRAM 9 Speed 11/ 34T
- Chain: KMC Rust Treated
- Headset: Neco 1 1/8"
- Brakes: Avid BB5 Mechanical Disc with 160mm Rotors
- Brake Levers: Avid BB5
- Shifters: SRAM Model X5 9 Speed Trigger Shift
- Grips: Locking Grips
- Stem: 100mm Threadless 6° Rise, 4 Bolt
- Handlebar: 710mm, 12° Sweep
- Saddle: Velo Plush (S2)
- Seat Post: 400mm x 30.9mm
- Pedals: Framed Alloy Pedals
- Front Hub: Quando 135mm Alloy Quick Release
- Rear Hub: Quando 170mm Alloy Quick Release
- Rims: Weinmann Single Wall Drilled Out
- Spokes: 14g
- Tires: Vee Rubber Mission 72TPI (wire bead)
- Tubes: Innova .8 mm Lightweight Tubes
- 9 Speed Bike
Every Framed Fat Bike frame comes with a (3) year warranty. All components have a 2 year warranty, tires are excluded. The warranty covers defects in materials and craftsmanship, including manufacturing defects. The warranty does not cover any damages or defects caused by abuse, accidents or other incidents that are not the result of normal use of the product. See manufacturer warranty for more information. Warranty is valid for original purchaser only.
NOTE: All complete bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a qualified Bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a qualified technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly. As an industry standard, some bikes might have minor cosmetic blemishes due to the nature of shipping.