There is no shortage of expensive mountain bike wheels on the market. The EA70 XC stands out from the pack, however. This wheelset delivers minimal weight, incredible durability and solid performance at a fraction of the cost. The EA70 XC wheel is a full 150-grams lighter than the wheel it replaces (our XC2), and also features an enhanced rim profile and a welded seam for maximum strength in rough terrain.
Another highlight of the EA70 XC: the rim widths have been optimized for each wheels size. Look closely and you'll notice that the 26-inch version uses an 18-millimeter inner rim width (23-millimeter outer) and the 29-inch version is a full two millimeters wider. That slight difference keeps these wagon wheels strong and true no matter what the trail throws at them.
- Wheelset Weight: 1698g
- TYPE: clincher - non UST
- Material: welded ALUMINUM with eyelets
- Internal Rim Width: 18mm
- External Rim Width: 23mm
- Spokes: straight pull, straight gauge, black
- Front Spoke Pattern: 24-3X
- Rear Spoke Pattern: 24-3X
- Front Hub Type: X2 / 6 bolt disc type only
- Front Axle Size: 9 X 100qr, 15 X 100
- Rear Hub Type: X2 / 6 bolt disc type only
- Rear Axle Size: 10 X 135qr