The R2 Vest provides superior midweight warmth and insulation under a shell. It's made of a breathable, high-loft fleece that's lightweight, stretchy and compressible.
As every mountain minimalist knows, little can match the weight-to-redemption value of high-loft core warmth. Our dialed and refined R2 fabric (Polartec Thermal Pro) is supremely warm, with great stretch and a soft hand, while being incredibly compressible, breathable and light. The short-sheared but high-loft polyester face has a smooth appearance and insulates especially well underneath a shell; its directional knit wicks superbly, speeding dry times. Breathable, warm stretch panels (Polartec Power Stretch) along the sides allow for a close, mobile fit. With a softly lined inner collar and chin flap for skin comfort, offset shoulder seams to stay clear of pack straps and zippered handwarmer pockets.
Key Features of the Patagonia R2 Fleece Vest:
- Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio, stretchy, compressible and breathable
- Directional knit wicks moisture and speeds dry time
- Collar and chin flap lined with Polartec Power Stretch fabric (made with recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort
- Shoulder yoke offset for comfort with pack straps
- Polartec Power Stretch fabric panels under the arms allow for a close fit, improved motion and increased durability in high-wear areas
- Pockets: Two zippered handwarmers
- Body: 6.1-oz Polartec Thermal Pro 97% polyester (64% recycled)/3% spandex. Side panels: 6.6-oz Polartec Power Stretch 88% polyester (60% recycled)/12% spandex
- 232 g (8.2 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
- We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.