Made of breathable, compressible, stretchy, high-loft Regulator fleece, the R2 Jacket provides superior lightweight insulation under a shell.
As adept at trapping body heat under a shell on Denali as it is lounging with turn-earned ease in a backcountry yurt, our R2 Jacket spans the spectrum of cold-weather usage. We worked with Polartec to create the Thermal Pro polyester fabric, which is superlight, extremely compressible and breathable, warm, stretchy and soft. The short-sheared but high-loft face has a smooth appearance, and the directional knit wicks superbly, speeding dry times. Polartec Power Stretch panels on the outer forearms and along the sides increase durability in high-wear areas and allow for a close, mobile fit while retaining warmth. With a softly lined inner collar and chin flap for comfort, offset shoulder seams to stay clear of pack straps and zippered pockets (one chest and two handwarmers).
Key Features of the Patagonia R2 Jacket:
- Slim fit
- Huge warmth-to-weight ratio; compressible, breathable and stretchy
- Directional knit wicks moisture and speeds dry time
- Collar and chin flap lined with Polartec Power Stretch fabric (recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort
- Polartec Power Stretch fleece panels under the arms allow for a close fit, improved motion and better durability in high-wear areas
- Pockets: One left chest and two zippered handwarmers
- Shoulder seams set forward for pack-wearing comfort
- Body: 6.1-oz Polartec Thermal Pro 98% polyester (63% recycled)/2% spandex. Side panels: 6.6-oz Polartec Power Stretch 88% polyester (60% recycled)/12% spandex
- 371 g (13.1 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
- Material: Recycled Polyester - We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
- Technology: Regulator Insulation - Regulator Insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system.