*Available for US Shipment Only.
Key Features of the Oakley Oil Rig Sunglasses:
When we created our premier Oil Rig, we put an embargo on conventional thinking and made fossil fuel out of ordinary designs. This latest edition comes with redesigned stem architecture that puts the icon of innovation in the crosshairs of dimensional grooves. Art meets attitude in a sunglass that carries a single continuous lens across contours of lightweight O Matter frame material.
Our unique geometries curve the frame so even medium-size faces get a precise fit that doesn't stick out at the sides. The sculpturally integrated hinges are engineered with dual cam action, and the linear ear stems provide a comfortably secure grip. High Definition Optics (HDO) takes advantage of Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry to maintain clarity while curving the lenses for optimal side protection and extended peripheral view. Our Plutonite lens material filters out every ray of UV, and both impact protection and optical precision meet ANSI Z87.1 standards.
Multiple lens options are available including Iridium lens coatings that balance light transmission and reduce glare, and you can get Oakley polarization that removes 99% of eye-straining glare without the haze and optical distortion found with ordinary polarized lenses. For truer color perception in bright sun, choose the Warm Grey, Black Iridium or Grey Polarized lens. The Grey lens is optimized for medium-bright sun. For enhanced visual contrast that boosts depth perception in bright sun, get the Tungsten Iridium or Bronze Polarized lens.
- Comfortable fit on medium to large faces via extended wrapped frame geometry
- Precision and durability of sculpturally integrated hinge mechanisms with dual action CAM
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter frame material
- Integrated sculptural metal icon accents
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed ANZI Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Maximized clarity at all angles of vision with patented Oakley XYZ Optics