Not every boot that claims to be weatherproof actually lives up to its billing, but you may find that the Columbia Cascadian Summit 2 Boots are an outlier in every sense of the word. First up on the list of the features, the Cascadian Summit 2 has a lightweight, removable EVA footbed with a nylex cover, so you can regulate your foot temperature properly when it’s not so cold out. The boot’s upper is also very stylish, constructed of waterproof split suede leather, which is sealed well at the seams for increased durability.
- Upper: Water-resistant split suede leather. Seam-sealed construction.
- Insulation: 200g Thermolite. Rated -25F/-32C
- Footbed: Removable EVA footbed with nylex cover or cushioning and comfort
- Insole: ThermaShield frost plug that provides heat reflection and prevents cold from penetrating from the ground
- Midsole: Internal EVA provides lightweight cushioning
- Shell/Outsole: One-piece injection molded thermal rubber shell provides lightweight durable protection with lug tread pattern that provides good traction on a variety of surfaces.