The quintessential military piece with performance adapted for use on the frozen battlefield.
Remixing the 50-plus-year field coat pedigree with subtle and sophisticated street style, the UNDEFEATED x Alpha x Burton M-65 Trench Jacket is standard issue for high-intensity function in the worst weather. Built around an easy moving fit for on-mountain maneuvers, the storable hood stashes out of the way, while Velcro® areas let you choose your trim with a selection of custom patches that live in their own reusable fabric bag.
Product History: The M-65 field jacket was first introduced in the late 1960s as an upgrade to the M-51 and M-43 field jackets that had been used in the Korean and Second World War by the Army. The improvements included the built-in hood that rolled and hid in the collar, two shoulder epaulets, extra pockets for carrying equipment, cargo, and accessories, and the brass zipper which replaced the button up style beforehand – allowing soldiers to quickly and effortlessly close and open their jackets for easy access. The M-65 field jacket also had Velcro on both cuffs in case the soldier wanted to roll up his sleeves. The detachable liner allowed soldiers to adjust the jacket based on the fluctuating temperatures. The field coat was used a lot in the Vietnam War and there the days were warm but the nights were much colder. Alpha was one of the first to produce the M-65 in 1966 and we went on to produce them for the government through 1990. Alpha made the first M-65 for the commercial market in the 1970s and by the 1990s they were available in a variety of colors. Today we still make the M-65 as well as modern variations of the vintage field coat from the war days.
- WATERPROOFING: DRYRIDE Durashell™ 2-Layer Polyester Oxford Weave Fabric [10,000MM, 5,000G] [UNDFTD Camo Colorway]
- WATERPROOFING: DRYRIDE Durashell 2-Layer Solid Polyester Micro Twill Fabric [5,000MM, 5,000G] [Black Ops Colorway]
- WARMTH: Shell Mapped with Printed Soft Taffeta and Mesh Lining
- Fully Taped Seams
- Stowable Military Style Emergency Hood with Drawcord Adjustment
- YKK CNT5® Waterproof Zippers
- Zippered Media Pocket
- Welt Entry Chest Pockets on Lining
- Removable Zippered Arm Pocket