With space age design and materials like titanium and carbon, Burton’s lightest weight binding cuts right to the chase.
The direction was simple: build the lightest and strongest binding with the absolute best ingredients, worry about what accounting thinks later. We recruited the team, cranked up the lab, and got to work. With hard drives smoking, calculations firing, flex tested, and scales calibrated, the Burton X-Base binding was born. The culmination of every R&D resource at Burton’s disposal, it’s hyper-reactive and incredibly comfortable in the lightest weight binding our technicians can build (so far). Offered in two versions, choose the across-the-board compatibility of Re:Flex™ or pair the EST® model with Burton board’s featuring The Channel™ mounting system for the ultimate in flex, feel, and adjustability.
- Baseplate: Lightweight Single Component 50:50 Carbon Fiber/Nylon Composite Blended EST®
- Hi-Back: Carbon Composite Ultra Hi-Back
- Straps: Asym Hammockstrap™ with Flex Slider and Lightweight Gettagrip Capstrap™
- Buckles: Double Take Buckles Featuring Insta-Click
- Cushioning: Lightweight ThinBED Cushioning
- Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste
- Rides exclusively with Burton Boards Featuring The Channel™
- Response: Medium/Stiff
- Cushioning: Medium/Firm