Created for backcountry skiing and snowboarding, but flexible enough for a range of winter mountain sports, the Fission Mitten is built warm, dry and tough. It combines the proven waterproof breathable protection of GORE-TEX® XCR product technology with the efficient thermal performance of three types of Primaloft® insulation. The hardwearing Fortius™ 1.0 softshell outer delivers stretch with abrasion resistance. Rugged, supple leather reinforces the palm and fingers and helps provide a secure grip.
The Fission uses three types of PrimaLoft® insulation selected and mapped to provide effective warmth, extended durability and high levels of ergonomic performance. On the back of the hand, an area more exposed to cold, lofty 133 g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation is used for maximum warmth. A layer of 100 g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft is added to the back to extend wear, particularly in high flexion areas. In the palm and fingers, areas where dexterity, grip and durability are critical, denser 100g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco with Grip Control is used. This denser insulation has a lower profile with less bulk, resists packing out with use, provides warmth when compressed, and enables a higher level of ergonomic freedom.
- Weight: 195 g / 6.9 oz
- Fit: Athletic Fit
- Soft, brushed lining adds light insulation
- DWR treated nylon inner cuff sheds snow and moisture
- Removable wrist leash
- Elasticated back of the wrist that self adjusts to trap heat
- Pull to open/pull to close gauntlet
- Finger-mounted clip-in loop enables mittens to be attached to a carabiner with finger-tips facing up, eliminating snow-fill
- GORE-TEX® XCR® Technology
- Fortius 1.0™—84% nylon, 16% elastane, 160 g/m². Lightweight, durable, non-insulated, stretchy nylon/spandex blend textile.
- 133g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation
- 100g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco with Grip Control
- 100g Primaloft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft