This Straight takes a holistically directional concept to new heights. With backseat cam Rock combined with a slightly stiffer tail, and a setback stance, this freeride board delivers the goods. Our newly added Landing Strip fiber is placed from the tips to the inserts, reducing high velocity chatter while our new Forever Woo d Core makes this board incredibly light. The Ultimate Traction bump in the center of the sidecut, which Slash uses in every board, promotes edge-hold especially in sketchy spots.
- Stiffness: 6
- FOREVER WOOD: Combining four different lightweight wood species: paulownia, spruce, beech and poplar to create a premium wood core that reduces weight while increasing reactivity, pop and longevity in extreme conditions. We are using only European FSC wood species assembled and profiled in our own swiss woodshop to get the best precision in conjunction with the Reactive Flex Technology.
- REACTIVE FLEX: The most advanced board technolog y available today! A composition of two unique fiberglass layouts in combination with our new lightweight wood cores that are specifically assembled and profiled by our engineers in Switzerland. Reactive Flex gives our boards the ability to also flex across the width. So, however you bend the board it will react the best way imaginable. For example if you jump on a park rail for a boardslide, the board edges lift up, creating a convex base which minimizes your chance of catching an edge. When carving a turn, it works the other way around. The board edges flex downward, creating a concave base which makes your edge bite more into the turns. This is automated flex in 3d!
- LANDING STRIP: 2 strips of Kevlar and Carbon placed from the tail to the inserts and from the nose to the the tip of the inserts. This will reduce high velocity quivers.
- ULTIMATE TRACTION: Ultimate Traction is a small counter radius(bump) placed in the middle of the board's sidecut. By positioning this bump instead of using a traditional sidecut, we have improved edge hold and center stability by not only relying solely on the board's outside contact points. You will have more control of your board especially on ice, less fatigue turning the board and lots more fun!
- TIP PROTECTORS: Thin and light, but surprisingly strong, aluminum protectors on the tail and/or nose protect the board from the damage that can result from impacts. This small detail makes a big difference for the durability of the deck, especially if your repertoire is more park/urban focused.
- BASE 9900: Racing-9900, the fastest and densest sintered base on the market today. It also provides the most impactresistant surface available. This performance base will allow you to the lead the pack wherever you are headed. Its high-density molecular structure holds wax longer.
- DIAMOND STONE FINISH: Diamond-structured stone grinding is the best possible base finish. The grinding occurs on two axes to maximize glide, and to optimize the durability of the base. It eliminates the slow, suction feel that comes with one dimensional base finishes. This is just an extra step we take to ensure your board performs.
- EDGES: Our edges have 35% more steel than stock edges from other companies. They are quite simply stronger and more durable than the alternatives. They feel substantial and will take a beating.
- SLICK TIP PROFILE: By reducing the wood and fiberglass in the nose and/ or tail and replacing it with a denser wood core, Slick Tip technolog y allows us to lighten up the board significantly while increasing strength and durability. The Slick Tip also dampens vibrations and provides a unique, light feel in turn transitions, due to its reduced thickness and profile.
- BACKSEAT CAMROCK: Backseat CamRock gives you everything you need to slay your backcountry line. There is a touch more rocker in the nose to add float and improved maneuverability, matched with a small set-back camber between the bindings to keep your snowboard responsive.
- KICK STAND: Our Identity shape saves material and weight but also stands up without tipping over like rounded boards do!
- WAX: All our boards come out from the factory fully waxed for your first days on snow. We don't use candle wax, surf wax, or ear wax, just wax that makes you glide.
- QUALITY CONTROLLED: While we take great pride in the superiority of our products and believe that our multi-layered quality-control process is second to none, from time to time a small imperfection might slip out of the factory. Recognizing this, SLASH backs all of its products with a two-year warranty against material defects. For details of our warranty and the warranty claim process, please visit our website and see the FAQs.
|Nose Length (mm)||250||250||260||260|
|Running Length (mm)||1080||1100||1120||1140|
|Tail Length (mm)||230||230||230||230|
|Nose Width (mm)||288||290||293||296|
|Waist Width (cm)||24.9||25.1||25.4||25.6|
|Waist Width (in)||9.8||9.9||10||10.1|
|Tail Width (mm)||288||290||294||296|
|Sidecut Radius (mm)||7.9||8.2||8.3||8.4|
|Min / Max Stance (cm)||50/62||52/64||52/64||52/64|
|Min / Max Stance (in)||19.7/24.4||20.5/25.2||20.5/25.2||20.5/25.2|
|Mid Stance (mm)||560||580||580||580|
|Mid Stance (in)||22||22.8||22.8||22.8|
|Rider’s Weight (kgs)||55-75||60-80||65-90||70-100|
|Rider’s Weight (lbs)||120-165||132-176||143-200||154-220|