Seth designed a ski to handle the steepest and deepest terrain with power and confidence. The ObSETHed is built with a Powder Rocker tip for incredible floatation and and All-Terrain tail for a larger landing platform. Narrower and stiffer underfoot than the Hellbent, it is the ideal ski for fast lines and big mountain charging. Whether you're scoping fun mini-golf lines, sending 50 footers, or shredding AK peaks, the ObSETHed is your ski.
- POWDER/ALL-TERRAIN ROCKER: ROCKER: Easy initiation, versatility, agility. This tip has the most elevation and longest measurement of Rocker and offers skiers a "surfy" feel with enhanced soft-snow performance. The camber region still exists to ensure edge-hold on firmer conditions. Simply put, Powder Rocker provides unmatched flotation in deep snow.
- PROGRESSIVE SIDECUT: Progressive sidecut is a combination of two different radii, or sidecuts, that enhance the versatility of wider-waist skis. Standard sidecut theory is based on using a single radius. This works well on narrower skis, but becomes overpowering on wider skis, especially in variable conditions. The use of progressive sidecut on wider-waist skis guarantees improved turn initiation and hard-snow performance.
- SCHIZOFRANTIC INSERTS: The K2 inserts allow for super fast mounting of the new K2/Marker Griffon and Squire SchizoFrantic binding system without the need for drilling. Additionally, the increased surface area of the insert rings provides 67% more pullout strength than that of standard binding screws. The Schizo binding itself uses the tested and proven Triple Pivot Elite toe and Inter Pivot Heel with an ultra lightweight, low stand height track and cable system that enables you to mount once and adjust a full 6cm along the ski from core center for the park to traditional center for powder.
- POWDER-SPECIFIC TIP DESIGN: The widest point of a powder tip is 7cm back from the standard contact point. The design adds stability and predictability while skiing and is less likely to hook or grab in light crusts or variable conditions.
- CLIMBING SKINS
- DIRECTIONAL TAPER: Moderately wider tip than tail maximizes the skis performance in the forward direction. This means the ski makes a slightly different arc when skiing switch.
- TWIN TIP SPECIFIC SKI SHAPES: Unlike other categories in the K2 line, our twin tips are designed to ski in both directions. The demand for products that perform increasingly well either way is now the norm. K2 has exceeded that challenge by developing unique radius and taper angles to maximize the skis' bi-directional performance.
- PLATES AND RIVETS: K2 tip and tail rivets have evolved to allow the addition of a pre-cut climbing skin onto the ski for all your backcountry access needs.
- ABSORB - ABS /URETHANE HYBRID SIDEWALLS: This horizontal sidewall construction sandwiches a urethane layer in between ABS for shock ABSorption, lessening the impact of harsh landings to the rider. Urethane is used under foot to maximize dampening, but ABS is used toward the tip and tail to maximize performance and edge control.
- 3.5 MM EDGES: Factory Team skis use thick, durable steel edges. It is far more resistant to cracking for a more durable, longer lasting ski.
- TRIAXIAL BRAIDING: Triaxial braiding consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. Developed in 1988 by K2 engineers, the patented triaxial braiding machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. While flex and torsion vary depending on the wood, Triaxially braided skis share the common traits of ease, forgiveness, responsiveness, and energy in both expert and entry level skis.
- Sidecut: 146/117/134