*Available for US Shipment Only.
Key Features of the K2 Indy Skis:
The Indy is built for the junior skier that is just getting hooked on the sport. The ski's Catch-Free Rocker profile will hold firm through turns on hardpack, and its 70mm waist will keep the ski light and nimble. Featuring Noodle technology, the Indy will flex appropriately for your young one, allowing them to flex the ski just like their parents.
- Performance: Groomed: 80%, Ungroomed: 20%
- Sizes: 76, 88, 100, 112, 124, 136, 146
- Radius: 8m @ 112 / Directional Taper
- Construction: Cap, Torsion Box/PU, Composite
- Binding Options: Noodle Fastrak2 System 4.5 & 7.0
- Features: Grom Approved Noodle Technology
- Sidecut: 95/70/91
- CATCH FREE ROCKER: ROCKER: Easy initiation, versatility, agility. This elevated tip and tail assures effortless initiation at slow speeds, stability throughout the turn, and a predictable release from the turn. Simply put, Catch-free Rocker provides confidence, control, and ease for developing skiers.
- GROM APPROVED NOODLE TECHNOLOGY: The Noodle Ski System is a totally unique technology for the Groms series. The disadvantage in most junior skis is the stiffness of the overall ski due to minimum thickness required to retain binding screws. With the Noodle Tech binding system, the plate is actually fused to the ski, requiring no screws, so the thinner core provides a smooth-flexing ski. That means better comfort and control for a junior skier and, ultimately, more fun.
- WOOD CORES: At K2, we use a variety of woods in our cores to achieve the energy, rebound, and life you come to expect from a K2 ski. Fir and aspen, both solid and dense woods, are known for their inherent strength and durability. Paulownia is an eco-friendly, fast-growing renewable wood also acknowledged for its strength and lightweight characteristics. A softer wood, spruce is recognized for being forgiving and lightweight.
- DIRECTIONAL TAPER: Moderately wider tip than tail maximizes the skis performance in the forward direction. This means the ski makes a slightly different arc when skiing switch.
- TORSION BOX TECHNOLOGY: Torsion Box construction is the foundation for the widest range of skis designed by K2. Depending on the dimensions of a ski, and the amount of flex and torsion designed into it, one model of a Torsion Box ski can differ greatly from another. The versatility in the construction enables us to build everything from entry-level through expert skis. While there will be significant differences between a DarkSide and a MissConduct, they do share the common traits of ease, forgiveness, responsiveness, and energy that can be found in all Torsion Box skis.
- CAP CONSTRUCTION: Durable and lightweight “cap” skis are built by a sophisticated molding process that envelopes the core and internal materials with the top layer of the ski. Used throughout our ski line, cap constructions can be assembled with a variety of different cores. These variations, such as glass and/or metal materials, are the determining factors of the skis’ performance.