*Available for US Shipment Only.
Key Features of the K2 Recoil Skis w/ Marker Squire 11.0 Schizofrantic Bindings:
Taking the lead from legends such as the PE and Extreme, the all-new Recoil is built as a high performance all-mountain tool, solid enough to take a beating on the rowdiest terrain in the park yet powerful enough to charge the entire resort. The addition of All-Terrain Rocker keeps it nimble and the 90mm waist increases its ability to handle everything in your way.
- ALL TERRAIN ROCKER: ROCKER: Easy initiation, versatility, agility. All-Terrain Rocker features an elevated tip for variable and soft snow performance, as well as camber underfoot for power, energy, and edge-hold in firmer conditions.
- Simply put, All-Terrain Rocker offers versatility and ease in all snow conditions.
- TWIN TECH SIDEWALLS: This new Twin Tip specific construction process increases the durability of sidewall skis. A traditional sidewall construction produces a 90-degree angle where the top material and sidewall meet. The Twin Tech construction actually rolls the top material into the sidewall reducing the angle that is prone to abuse.
- SCHIZOFRANTIC INSERTS: The K2 inserts allow for super fast mounting of the new K2/Marker Griffon and Squire SchizoFrantic binding system without the need for drilling. Additionally, the increased surface area of the insert rings provides 67% more pullout strength than that of standard binding screws. The Schizo binding itself uses the tested and proven Triple Pivot Elite toe and Inter Pivot Heel with an ultra lightweight, low stand height track and cable system that enables you to mount once and adjust a full 6cm along the ski from core center for the park to traditional center for powder.
- ABSORB - ABS /URETHANE HYBRID SIDEWALLS: This horizontal sidewall construction sandwiches a urethane layer in between ABS for shock ABSorption, lessening the impact of harsh landings to the rider. Urethane is used under foot to maximize dampening, but ABS is used toward the tip and tail to maximize performance and edge control.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL TAPER: The tip is still wider but closer in width to the tail. This allows the ski to perform exceptionally well while skiing in the forward direction but the taper enables the skier to have similar switch arc for better and more consistent switch riding.
- PLATES AND RIVETS: K2 tip and tail rivets have evolved to allow the addition of a pre-cut climbing skin onto the ski for all your backcountry access needs.
- 3.5 MM EDGES: Factory Team skis use thick, durable steel edges. It is far more resistant to cracking for a more durable, longer lasting ski.
- TRIAXIAL BRAIDING: Triaxial braiding consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. Developed in 1988 by K2 engineers, the patented triaxial braiding machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. While flex and torsion vary depending on the wood, Triaxially braided skis share the common traits of ease, forgiveness, responsiveness, and energy in both expert and entry level skis.
- Sidecut: 121/90/115